Thursday, July 5, 2007

Riding With Lenses

Gear:
Oakley Minute Rx Sunglasses

I've seen @ least a few people like myself - who ride with glasses. I guess if you need to wear corrective lenses, you have 3 options: wear glasses, wear contacts, or get LASIK. I've had my bout with contacts (the contacts won, so to speak), so contacts are a no-go for me. I also avoid surgery if at all possible, so LASIK is not really an option. That leaves frames.

So I've been wearing eyeglasses for my entire riding history, and my specs definitely do not cover peripheral vision. Actually, they don't even come close. And I recently read about an accident in which a rider's glasses snapped and nearly cut his eye. So resilient frames with a facial contour seemed in order.

I decided it was time for a drastic (read expensive) solution to my riding eyewear, and where better to turn than Oakley? Exactly.

So to get to the point, I am now the proud owner of an Oakley pair of "Minute" Rx sunglasses. The verdict? I'm speechless. I can easily rant for 4 paragraphs about why I love these glasses, but let me give the summary: They are clear, they kill all glare, they cover virtually my entire viewing range (I turn my eyeballs now, not my head), and they fit under my helment with ease. I'm impressed in every sense of the word, and I will always own a pair of Oakley Rx sunglasses from now on. No question about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.