Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday thoughts...

Tat tags?

not.interested.

What's a tat? Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot that all motorcyclists have tattoos. Well, since they do, of course they will like sheet metal cut into recognizable shapes! How ...creative.

Moving right along, I've been testing this new GPS logger application on my WebOS-based phone. I dig! I'm thinking it will prove useful in the future for capturing awesome routes I stumble upon (more on this in a future post).

While I was sitting at a red light today, thinking about the logger recording my whereabouts, I spotted a sedan with a big 'ol Papa John's wart half attached to the rear passenger side window. It was a knarly thing with its tentacles reaching in through the cracked-open window and two big, nasty suction cups holding it on from the outside. Oh yeah, and a tail wrapped around the frame that came to an end with a cigarette lighter connector. Ugly.

get_it_OFF!!!!

I'm sure PJ figured that this was a great idea - get the name out there so people will call in for orders. That's a shame, because when I see it, these are the things that come to mind:


  • Wow, PJ's too cheap to buy delivery mobiles and lets employees rack up the miles on their own machines.

  • That's the ugliest contraption I've even seen.

  • Let me get 2 lanes away from that thing before it falls on me.

  • I wonder if that cord can even reach the cigarette lighter.

  • Do those appendages have to be DOT approved?



Those are probably not the kind of negative, doubtful thoughts you want your name to inspire. Hell, after writing this post, Papa John's is embedded in my head as a big nasty thing that finds and attaches itself to your car when you're not watching. Look out!!!

No comments: